Monday, August 01, 2005

“X-terra”

Well I have to tip my hat to all those Tri-nuts that do an Xterra event. They are a far cry from those G-string, tank top wearing whinnies doing the normal road Tri’s….These guy and gal’s are as tough as nail’s. Have to battle each other over a series of off road events. Swimming, bike and running off road, doing battle with rivers, creeks, mountains and animals……Yes animals! The different between 1st and 2nd was decided by a wayward bull at the second river crossing (about 40’ a crossed and 3’ deep) It seams that a bull would not let the leader cross for a couple of min.s allowing the 2nd place guy to close the gap and pass on the run……After a slow start in the swim Sandy was able to put the hammer down on the bike and run to finish a very nice 16th overall. I would really love to try one once.
That was the second best thing of the week-end. The first was reconnecting with my 1x1. I’d forget how much fun and WORK they are. After getting home yesterday I took the Big Wheel out for a ride up and around red canyon. It was a brutal 1 hour climb to upper loop but once to the top it was loads of fun. Until I stacked it up coming down the “Doc Holiday” trail. It was the hardest cash season. One of those went you just lay there after and assess the damage for a minute or two. Need-less to say I’m worked. But really had a gas. I may even run it in the up coming MSC race………..

I wonder if Goats woke up yet?