Monday, August 15, 2005

More fun then a

Two days of solid climbing, a little over 11,000’ for a total. My new HR monitor has an altimeter on it and the best thing it’s down loadable to my PC. I’ve got more workout information then anyone man should know. Between my PowerTap and HR monitor I have at my finger tips; Power output in watts, Cadence, Speed, Heart rate, all in Average, Current and Maximum. Plus Altitude, Total descent and ascent. Temp Average and Current. Now WHY would anyone need to know all this information? I don’t know but it’s pretty cool. I get home from riding and an elevation print out is at my finger tips.

Saturday I rode out to the Hubbard Caves and yesterday the Transfer trail. It starts out in-town with a gravel road climb for about 3 miles then converges to ATV double track then Climbs, Climbs and Climbs. This one hurt covering some 6000’ over 14’ miles until you get to “No Name” creek. Definitely some of the toughest climbing I’ve done to date. Even Goat would think this one hurts! As a mater of fact I think this one would make him cry for mommy! Once at the top it's rolling single track for a mile or two. Then a screaming decent into “No Name’. I guess it wouldn’t be so bad but two days of climbing and I feel like I’ve been pulled through a knot hole.

The bike is shifting a little better. I change the rear derailleur. I think the other one was bent. Plus the new 1x1 fork is on the way and should be here for “Blast the Mass” this weekend. Which should be a blow out. Last year all the big pros were there. Deadly Ned, Wells and the “D” town boyz. It’s great to see these guys just tear up the course. But more on this later……….

Sound like the Wisco boyz did well at the WORS race………Good Job.