Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Live to tell about it

The Baron lives, he’s got Monkey Pox and has been down for the count. Word of advice to all that own them. Get rid of those Prairie Dog's they're filthy rats not pets. Now the question is when will he be back on the bike?
I had a near death experience riding home yesterday. Riding along having a good day (but aren’t they all good when you’re on a bike?). When a county transit bus whizzes by inches from my shoulder. Now when I say inches that’s maybe two, not three, not four TWO. The result shock wave of wind off the bus push’s me on to the gravel shoulder. And in my zeal to stay upright I veer back into traffic. Almost getting mowed down by the on coming traffic. My first near death on a bike in sometime. Getting buzzed by a car or truck but a Frigg’n transit bus that was too much.