Thursday, August 25, 2005

Winter List

Two things I’m not going to do this winter

1) I’m not going to gain the normal 10lb.s as I normally do for ski racing. It’s seems like it doesn’t help me that much in the speed events anyway. I’m naturally built more for SL racing then Super “G” or Downhill. So why fight nature? Yes, I do love the speed events and go mach 1, but hay you can’t fight nature. Plus trying to get ride of that 10plus in the spring is getting tougher and tougher. The motivation to diet is just not in me I guess.

2) Let my need for a new bike (or I should say bikes) get in the way of my need for new set of skis (or I should say Skis). I’m going to blow out some of my bike junk to make this happen. I’ll post a list of stuff 4 sale later.

Now two things I am going to do

1) I’m going to cross train more. With the intent of doing a couple of the X-terra events next year and I’m even toying with the idea of doing a Marathon. But who knows on the Marathon, but the X-terra is on the goaled list for next year. I was told you need to be an athlete before you can be a good cyclist. So that is the purpose for the entire cross training.

2) Ski so much that even my butt hole has a perma grin. I’m even going to try to do more XC skiing as a way to build fitness.