Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Life Is Good!

Well after banking 2 metric century yesterday my leg are a little worked. The skies were a blissful blue all the way home. I was drilled it for the first fifty miles and was holding a 24 mph avg. Then the wheels came off and creeping along at 15mph was an effort. I was riding with a backpack, which is a mistake. I knew that leaving yesterday, but the pending weather, the need for extra clothing, Plus I was picking up some bike parts in Vail so it was required. Man I have know idea how people can ride with a camel-pak. With all that weight it just kills your back. By the time I hit the mouth of the Canyon my back was screaming. So I had to ride the last 20 miles Baron style (that would be no handed). Just putting my hands on the drops for more then 30 seconds was impossible. But hell it was a good day. It gave me time to sight see a little instead of having VO max tunnel vision.

Got a trick Kelly Cross fork, some really cool rim plugs for my road bike. It replaces the rim tape for 50 grams savings. Speaking of Cross, I was thinking of signing up for the “Wells Cyclocross Camp” how cool would that be? Or is that like trying to buy a Golf swing?

Now it’s time for a rant. One thing I HATE about Colorado is all the 1 ton, crew cab, dually pick-ups. What the hell do you need that for? Because or dicks is too small? Because you’re a redneck, white trash, NASCAR watching bastard? I call them “Colorado Mini Vans” It seems like every other car on the road here is a road hog gas guzzling pieces of junk. The people that own them live in an $8000.00 trailer house and drive a $40,000.00 truck. What the F……! I guess you need them to pull your trailer houses around. And then you see these Redman Chewing, Levi style pecker heads with their pie plate size belt buckles. I would bet it’s oppositely proportional to the size of their brain. I can only hope that with gas at $2.75 a gallon some of these pea-brain haul’n junk heaps get repo’d by their finance company’s and there a less of them on the road.

Out!