Sunday, August 07, 2005

Suffer-O-rama

One thing that is not a good idea is to spend two week off you road bike and then do back to back races, But that’s what I did. After spending 5 days off the bike complete and then only 1x1 MTBing my legs were feeling fresh but my Lugs weren’t. The Fed Center circuit racing is very cool. It covered about six miles a lap with about 12 tight turns over the Denver Federal Center Campus. I would have loved to have HRM readout. I spend the entire time 98 to 102% of max. Just suffering. Just sitting in I would be 98%, so naturally I didn’t do anything. I set the sprint up prefect both times. Sitting about tenth on the outside. But just didn’t have anything left in the tank for the sprint. I don’t why I couldn’t relax, the heat, the time off the bike, maybe be a combonation of everthing. But I still managed a top 20 and 25 with fields around a 100. For my first 35+ (123) race I was very happy with that but there are still lots of room for improvement. Maybe next year will be my breakout year or maybe I’ll just get fat…

Sandy on the other hand continues to improve and just got pimped at the line for 2nd in her race in the 3/4 Women’s field it was very close at the line. I couldn’t see it from where I was standing. But the film doesn’t lie. Another girl drafter her to the line and just had enough to swing by. It was a great race, but she was still a little disappointed not getting the win. It will come with a little more racing experience.

Well, I’m going to eat something and head out for a recover ride. I’m not going to spend that much time lying around again. It hurts too much….

OUT!