Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Two flats and a lot of cool rain.

That’s what I was waiting for me on the way home yesterday. I left late so I was going about 90%MHR to make up time when low and behold I pickup a piece of glass. No big deal I whipped out a new tube and Co2 and away I went. Go west young man, it was a beautiful day so not much could bring me down. That was until I hit the mouth of the canyon and the lighting started cracking and the wind whip-up and I was staring down on a hell of a storm. Then as things go, bad to worst. My rear tire go’s flat. Nice, no tube, no pump, no Co2 and no fun. But as things seem to go for me, a couple of very nice girls going the opposite direction as I braving the wind, hail and rain gave me their frame pump. They were my life saver! I wasn’t looking forward to 20 plus miles of rim riding. No questions asked no deposit. Just “here you go, I work at #### in vail drop it off when you can and good luck” and off they pedaled. I was so happy to get it too, as I had to stop and refill 3 times.
So today’s task was to get that pump back with some nice Starbucks attached. Tonight I’m putting my big thick Conti’s back on and stocked up on Co2…….