Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The cost of "Free" time........














(This image was pilfered from juancho)
If only I could get an Expresso this large......

What to do, ride, swim, hike, kayak or nothing? Or maybe all. The big thing here is fly fishing but all they catch are these minnow size trout. It the kind of thing someone would use for bait if they were into fishing. Who wants to wade chest deep in 35deg water for hours and catch a 2 ounce fish? Even if it were a 2 pound fish, maybe if it were 5 pounds. What’s the point if it won’t make a meal? Pointless……

Last night I swam for an hour then flop into the Hot Tub. I felt like a huge noodle after. Still feeling it from Saturday it was just what the Doctor ordered to loosen me up. So this morning I rode up to towards Vail again which is becoming my Tuesday ritual. Ride, Espresso, people watch, play on the Y-fi at Starbucks. Today instead of sitting at the Lions Head in Vail I took a detour up to Beaver Creek. By resort standards BC is right up there; a straight guy can wear a full mink and not get a look like he’s some Rainbow Chaser. It about as posh as they get. Even my Espresso is a premium charge. But "that’s the price for paradise” as the local rich boys say. It’s just nice they let a poor boy like I hang on their doorstep and beg for a few beard crumbs.

Well I think there's another Triple Shot in my future then I need to get riding back to Glenwood. I’m meeting a group to do some kayaking on the Roaring Fork. Something I’ve had little time to do this summer but the next couple weeks look good for hitt’n the river. Plus I’m planning on climbing a couple 14’ers in the coming weeks. There are only a couple of races coming up so I’ve got lots of free time. LOL……Ok so maybe all my time is "free time"……

My new phrase is "Punching a remote is better then Punching a Clock". Now where's that's remote?