Monday, June 20, 2005

Whats your MAX baby!

Erik Zabel style, that what I call it! Yesterday it was a preim hunt…Yes I didn’t win the race, but I won more cash then the winner. And yes it would have been nice to win, but at this point I’ll take what I can get. My fitness is right on track and my sprint is stronger then every. Setting a new Max HR on two of them. There’s something about looking down at your heart rate monitor after a sprint and it reads 102 or 103% (my Polar reads in percent of MHR) you know you’ve give it everything. Including one were a guy try to lean on me that the line. But I give him an elbow in total Zabel fashion and opened the cash draw for another $25.00. One thing I’ve learn from MTB racing is how not to let guys intimate you with bumping and leaning. So why didn’t I pull out the win? Well timing is everything and on the last lap mine wasn’t good. I happened to get behind a guy who tried to pedal through a corner. Ganked it, and unhooked me. And a 25 meter gap was too much to recover. But that’s racing. I was happy with pounding out the preims though and 11th in a field of 78 guys.
There was a big woman’s field of 30 plus. Which made Sandy very nervous but once the race started she steataled into the lead group of ten. Which blew out the remainder of the field in the first half of the race. She was able to sit-in and not do too much work and sprint for 2 second. Get pimped at the line by a half a wheel.
I’m still amazed that Dave got hit by a Deer at the Big Ring Classic! What do you tell your boss?
Aaaa, Bill I won’t be in to day I got hit by a deer. You hit a deer? How’s your car? No, I got hit by a deer! What? You got hit by a deer? Yep, I got hit by a deer!
It’s just amazing!
Besides that it sounds like the Wisco boy kicked some major butt…..the only thing that worries me is “The Champ” is going to be unbearable……