Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Total Roubaix Espoirs style!

I’ve found a new training route. It’s by far the coolest loop today. The start is 2 miles of flat road to a 1000’ of climbing. Then 10 miles of a Roubaix style mountain road with views that will blow you away. It traverses Lookout Mountain and is in a high mountain meadow. There are about ten rolling climbs on it and crest out at 7500’. Then best part is you end up on another road where you can add 10 plus miles of rolling hills for a total loop of 50 miles or descend into the town of Carbondale. Where there are about ten other routes of varying lengths. I’ve ridden it twice now and send a total of 2 cars! My legs a totally trash. I’ll have to take some pic.s the next time I’m on it (Most likely tonight) it’s like a post card!.........Plus it’s a total Mans Route not one of these half pro sissy routes….