Monday, June 06, 2005

Beer anyone?

Well after stopping off at the TEVA games on Friday and having a brush with greatness. We head down to the Front Range for some racing. Which didn’t turn out as planned, but fun nu-the-less. A quick stop at Vail Mountain for lunch on Friday turned into a couple of hour. Checking out all the white water Kayaking, Rock Climbing and Mountain Biking. The Kayak Redo was pretty cool; I wish I could do some for those tricks. I have a hard time just surfing a wave. After lunch Sandy and I took the Dog for a run up Vail Mountain to freshen the legs up a little and who do we run into? The Olympian himself, Todd Wells. He was in town for the Mountain Bike race. What a nice guy.
Half way to Denver the rain started and never let up. I woke up on Saturday to 50deg and rain. Not very good racing conditions. But what the hell its just rain. I won the first four Beer sprints and then the lighting came. They stop the race and canceled the rest of the races for the day. But hay I got a case of Beer, you can’t beat that. So we decide to bag the circuit race on Sunday and go check out the TEVA mountain bike race. Guess what? They cancel that too! There was 6” of snow and lighting high up on the mountain, so they cancel that race too. So there wasn’t too much racing to be had in Colorado this weekend. But hay I’ve got a case of Beer!