Wednesday, June 15, 2005

My side hurts......

Life is funny. It looks like Goats old trek is going to out bid my Gunnar frame on eBay. How or better yet WHY would someone even pay $1.00 for that piece of junk? And not pay anything for my beautiful piece of art?

And then there’s “The Champ” (the rider formerly known as The Baron) He says “Steel is Real” and “There is no point to all of it” worrying about your bike weight that is. Well I’ve got news for him Steel is not Real. It’s old heavy technology. Yes, in road racing and TT’s where being quick isn’t important old technology can be overcome. By that logic F1 cars would be running cast iron engine blocks. I know it hard to give up on old technology. We all know guys who have an old 486 laptop with a dialup modem and bellow about “how it works just fine” well it may, but at want cost? How many “Steel” frames do you see ridden on the ProTour? Now someone may beat my ass on an old steel rig. But there is no drought I’m faster on a Light/Quick bike. I love new technology for bike parts. I road a Gunnar it was ok, but it sprinted like a pig! And that’s my best game. Acceleration and Sprinting that’s it and an old heavy pig like a Waterford, Serotta or Gunnar doesn’t fit into that plan. So “Champ” you stick with those 486 laptop running windows 3.1. I’ll opt for the latest in technology. Like the newCarbon Scott frame I’ll be riding next year at 853grams.

Now I need to get online and order my new alloy chain ring and bottle cage bolts. For another 14gram savings.