Thursday, June 30, 2005

Running on all cylinders……..

It’s amazing what a couple (well more like 12) of hours of sleep will do. I feel so much better. Went out for my work out today and felt like I had another engine. It was a total speed work out. 2 hours in length (so a little shorter then normal) consisting of 9 sprints and (2) 15 min spin sets. My sprinting feels good but, I would like to build it just a little more. I’ve been averaging to pull 8.87 W/Kg (or 650W avg. with a 970W peak @ 130rpm) throughout the sprint which is getting there just not were I’d like it. My first set is really strong and then drops off about 20% percent after that, but still has a nice avg. I don’t think I need more power just more leg speed (I’d like to pull 140’s thought-out) and then just push through the pain. Which tell me I won’t be doing much preim hunting in Wisco. The setup and saving it for the end are going to be key. Because my ability to just hammer it and ride off the front is limited. Maybe tomorrow’s fitness test will have a different story. Because I know I’ll be up against those 65Kg weenie that can TT out there till their little bung whole puckers. I’ll be playing the position game and hoping for a good wheel and a great sprint……

Or I could be over thinking it! Maybe I should just let the chips fall where the do. I’ll just put the hammer down. Drill it till my eye balls fall out and I puke…….

There was a great de-railment in the Canyon. A coal train jumped the rail and piled up about 20 cars. I’m going to ride up there later and see if I can get some good pic’s to post. See what my life a degraded too…..