Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Sometime you just need to lay it down……..

Or I should say, sometime you just need to LAY DOWN! I got home yesterday with a full plate. Too full, what did I do? Laid down and went to sleep. I’ve been riding hard for Seven days strait and could get up to go. Not even for a recovery ride. I was schedule to do 2 hours with 2/3 sprint set. But I’m just broke down. I actually thought I was getting an ulcer because the last couple of days I’ve had stomach pain. So, when I say broke down, I mean Broke Down! But at this point my coach (Katie Compton @ CTS) says I should be broke down and a day off is good. I could barely get off the couch to eat dinner. Which I didn’t get to until 7:30 and promptly fell asleep until 6:00 today. I didn’t even pickup my dinner plate until this morning. But the engine is running good today. I’ve got 5 more speed workouts and then taper to Super-week. I can’t wait until the fourth week of July. I’m not even going to look at my bike!