Monday, June 13, 2005

Life is so hard!

Well I’ve been infected with the weight weenie bug. The way I look at it, I can’t lose much weight so the bike HAS TO GET LIGHTER! I’ve managed to trim more then 700 grams off my bike…..Now it wasn’t very heavy to being with, at 7528grams any budding weight weenie would love to own. Here is a list of things I’ve done to lop off some more un-needed “Fat”……

Changed out My Campy Running gear to Dura-Ace -80 grams
Replaced my Mavic Elites to Amer. Classic 350’s -519 g
Changed to a Ritchey WCS crank -21 g
Dura-Ace 10 speed chain -22g
Changed my Dura-Ace Cass to an Amer. Classic -55 g
Changed Water bottle holder -11g

Add it up! -708 grams, now that’s getting light……..6820 grams or 15.03 lb but that’s without a water bottle. My big dilemma is should I get a set of American Classic Carbon Wheels and shave another 200g off! Now that would be sweet! 6650grams, doesn’t that sound beautiful? That would put me under 15lb.s…….but I’ve got some Ritchey Carbon Wheel on order. Getting these would put me over the top for wheel investment this year! But their so LIGHT how could I not get them? Life is so hard sometimes.