Tuesday, April 26, 2005

It was to be a rest day…..

Sandy and I rode up Red mountain trail (My second training day on dirt, can you believe it?) It was to be a recovery day; at least that’s what I told Sandy. Red is a fire road 10 miles long with some single track on the Downhill. The first 6 miles are 6-10% and then flattens out at the top. It’s a fun climb to spin up and recover. But I guess she had a different idea. After the 1st mile I’m redlining @ 175bpm just pacing her. I would jump ahead, then slow the pace and she would attack me. All the way up! Dam, I should have never got her that Epic S-work. But I the plus side, she’ll never let me slack off on the dirt (which I do all the time). So today I really hurt! I’m heading out to do the Dot Zero ride and today it’s going to be long and slow………..

I hear the Baron has his own blog, but nobody seen it……or pic’s of his new ride!

Well Goat and the Baron sound like their hitting on all cylinders for the start of the new WORS season. I’m beting Goat is going to kill in the SS class and the Baron will start off mid-pack in the expert class and be in the top ten by mid-season. That guy is just tenacious. I’m going to see if those boys will ride back with me from Superweek and do the “Blast the Mass” Snowmass National NORBA race. 3200 ver per lap……..That will hurt! I don’t think they could handle it......

Plus I order a "PowerTap" today. What do I need it for? I don't know just another gadget to see how weak I'm, I guess. But my coach wants to see the data so we can change my program if needed leading up to Superweek. I’m really going to look like a dork if I don't put in a good effort there. That’s why it’s NOT going to happen. I’m banking my whole season on it……I wonder what Goats doing right Now?