Thursday, March 10, 2005

Sex, Skiing or Biking?????

I can’t decide what I like better, Sex, Skiing or Biking! I guess that order looks pretty good.


Well I just got an e-mail from some Bro’s back home in Wisco. They are coming out to ride in the first week in April. Should be a good time. The plan is to ride up Mt Evans from Bergan Park or Idaho Springs. If we start in Idaho Springs it’s 28 miles to the summit with a total vertical of 7,526’ to the summit at 14,264’, the highest road in the lower 48. But, I was thinking we could start a Bergan Park and add 8 miles to the summit. The verticals are about the same just ads some miles. 36 miles up, up and away. I scoped out the ride should be good. Took this pic of the backside of Evans from Guanella Pass (11,669’) looks good! Yea Baby! I know they’ll love it. Then do some good base miles around the front range in the warm sunshine........








Just got back from another backcountry trip. It’s really hard to take. Ski, Eat, Sleep and Ski some more. The snow was good. On the first day we climbed to the summit of Pearl Mountain. It was windy, so we dug a snow pit for lunch and enjoyed the views. You could see all the way to Crest Butte. The dude in the yellow jacket stacked it up on the last day and had to get 48 stitches in his face to close a laceration. Mad it was ugly.

Well, I guess I’m unretired for now. I started working with these guys out in Vail this week. So, it’s back to the grid! Yea, right! I’m moving out there and the end of April until then I’ll be drive there a couple of times a week. Life’s a bitch sometimes. It just better not interfere with my fun time or I might just have to retire again…