Wednesday, March 02, 2005

My new socks........

Can you dig'm? Not as cool as the white ones, But they go with my kit and the chic's love'm. After much screwing around this morning. I hit the road....I've been finishing up with school and applying for another swing at it. Hell I'm not working so I might as well get some lear'n. Maybe I could learn to write and spell too. Thinking about a Masters in Environmental Engineering. Just about to publish my paper so I'll be done with this degree, so why not get another, and another an another.........

Back to my sock, don't you love them?



I did the Bear Creek Canyon loop today. Its about 80 miles with some nice climbing in the middle. One with about 2000 ver. I'm schedule to do 4x12 tempo efforts today. Which worked out very nicely with this loop.
Just as I was completing my warm up, I see this guy with a pile of Crappies and Walleye coming up the road.



So I stop, he was coming up from the dam. The town opened up the dam and thousands of fish are stuck in the spillway. "You can net as many as you want" he says. I almost turned around and got my net from home.....Maybe tomorrow.



Right after my first set, guess what...FLAT. It wouldn't be a ride without one. I'm getting good at changing a tube. Its becoming an interval for me. 70 seconds is my record too date.



Yes those a catus! Now you know why I'm fixing flats all the time. The funniest thing happened about ten miles from home. I turned this corner in time to see a girl stack-it-up. She was talking on her cellphone, ride her bike and couldn't handle the corner. I laughed my ass off all the way home. Couldn't get my camera out fast enough to get a picture of it, but it sure put a smile on my face. Why is someone taking a digger so funny? I would have love to been on the other end of that call. "You know what that bitch said to me?" CRASH..."Hello, Hello....can you hear me now?"



After the ride it was playtime with the dog, some coffee and a hot shower.........Life is good.