Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Race Recap or Retread...

Circuit Race: Things you should never do drive 5 hours showed up about 15min.s before the gun. But that’s the way it worked out. I showed up got my number and headed to the line…Bam Racing. The wind was howling at 40 mph steady with guest up to 50. It was like riding in a dust storm. But everybody had to so WTF. It was really strung out with attacks happing one after another. I chased a couple until one broke. Three of us worked well until about five miles to go and this Jack-Off attack off our little group. This slammed one of the guys off which wouldn’t have been too bad. But then he wouldn’t work with me and only having 30 seconds it wasn't going to last. I told the guy the win was his but he wouldn’t pull and we got caught with about a mile to go. Was able to cover the first counter but not the second and out the back I went….23rd

Crit: Tight, flat with monsoon winds again ….The kind of race I live for, until I was put into a curb and endo’d into the grass…not a big deal. A little road rash never hurt anybody. So with a free lap and I’m back in it with bar tape flapping in the wind. I felt good too until my front tire went flat with 3 to go. I must have cut it in the crash. But I was out at that point…..

Road Race: Less wind, but the temp.s where in the low 30’s with rain, snow and ice chunks mixed in…..so no one was motivated to hammer. The first 50 we just pedaled in a big group. Then it heated up, attack after useless attack, but nothing worked. I think people were just getting cold and needed to spin up their legs. I took my turn and cracked it but I didn’t just let up after a sprint off the front and what do you know? Soon there was another guy on my wheel and another bridging. So the next 30min.s we work it that’s until one guy flatted and then there were two. I was just about puking after every pull but stuck to it until we hit the final climb. A little 10 plus 2 mile bruiser and it was nightly night for me. My riding partner rode away and I when backwards. Rolling in 15th….

Uphill TT: They should call it an up mountain TT. I hate TT and I suck as a climber so you know how that went.

So if nothing else I didn’t suck wheel and I put it “All In” every time out. It just didn’t work for me, this time. I did watch a great Pro race and Whitey give this 5280 guy the “LA look” on the last climb to the line for the RR.