Sunday, May 14, 2006

I'm the new Trail Boss

Up early today…washed the old Race Wagon and got it ready to sell…

and the New too....

Then, I pull out my WORBA card and put my Junior Park Ranger badge on and did some more trail maintenance.

Strapped an old bow saw to “Mr. Bigg” and set out to take care of a couple downed trees on the Boy Scout trail loop…. Man that loop is so sweet! There’s nothing like a 40 plus mile MTB loop…Couldn’t get all the Trees I’m going to have to pull out some heavy equipment… Chain Saw! I’m not looking forward to that ride. Lugging a 20lb chain saw out 20 miles into the mountains on “Mr. Bigg”… ouch!

Well yesterday was a grunt too…the wind was brutal and the field big. 105 strong in the Cat class. Rang the cash register twice and got pimp’d twice. Missed the break. But bridged on the last lap and had nothing in the tank for the sprint. So I ended up 8th or 9th ….I think, couldn’t wait for the results because the open class was right after. But I was wasted and just sat on wheels and pedaled……Sleep Now.