Friday, February 25, 2005

Road Toad.......

I'm really love piling the miles on. This year I've done ZERO group riding, just suffering alone most of the time and loving it! I'm gone to do a group ride tomorrow though. A team for this bike shop right around the corner has a ride that meets at 10:00am. If I can get up in time :) I'll check it out. I've put about 1200 miles of base in this year already and entered the second week of prep. The "CTS" plan is for a peak in the second week of July (SUPERWEEK)! I can't wait...My third field test and I've seen 20% increase power output over my first, right after the cross season! My coach is looking for another 30%. I think she is nutz, but hay I'll take it! Today was a long ride, it was supposed to be 3 1/2 hours but turn into 5 1/2. I got lost and had to backtrack about 30 miles.

Its a good thing I was loaded up with the goods before my ride. It’s amazing the things you need just to go riding!

Did I ever tell you how much I hate golf? Look at these clowns! What a bunch of pansies! Every time I ride by a golf course I want to yell “ Hay Douche Bag! Can’t you find anything better to do? You fat Pig!” The answer would be “No” with a dumb look from the pantywaist.

I was riding along and noted these funny looking steers. Shouldn’t they be in Texas?

I ride by this guy every couple of days. He’s in the same spot act’n nutz, looking for money. Next time I think I’ll throw him an Orange or a Banana…It could be Russell long lost brother.

After I logged 80 it was time for some fuel to carry me home. A quick triple shot, a bar, and a couple of phone calls and I was headed home for the slowest 15 mile today!
One of the calls I made was for a job in Vail (A job can you believe it?) It looks very promising. I’m meeting with them Thursday to go over the details (money). I hope I’ve not jinxed it! O-well, if I have I’ll just ride…………