Monday, February 07, 2005

All Crossed Up!!!!

Well the winter weather is back so I’ve been riding my Cross bike. I just love the ride of that thing. It’s the cheapest bike I own, but the funniest. Maybe that’s it! Bang for the buck. This was the first ride with a short sprint workout in it for the year. I had forgotten how much those mothers hurt. After that is was a long 2-1/2 hour of 147 bpm. The sun was out so it wasn’t too bad. I rode down to the Cherry Creek Lake and did a couple of loops. I haven’t been doing any group rides this spring and I think its help a lot. Having to grind it out on my own all the time makes a big different. My base speed is up and my bpm in down. After my first loop I had wrestle with my back tire again. I’ve fix more flats then “Carters have little Liver Pills” that’s what my dad would say.



I stop in at the Bike Village to get another tube and check out the 05 stuff (O-man the stuff is sweet) and by the time I came out, the sun was gone and the wind was blown like a mother. It was like riding in Wisco!



I fix a little Tea and played on my computer until my tootsies warmed up. I going to head back out to the mountains after I ride tomorrow and ski for the rest of the week. Snowmass, Highlands and Vail are on tap. Plus I was going to ride Red Mountain pass if it’s not dumping to bad. The way I see it if it cold here, why not..I wonder what Goats doing right now?