Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The first turn......


What did Santa bring you? All I wanted was a power drill or some 10 speed crap, but what did I get….3 broken ribs. Not what I was hoping for but you get what you get. The skiing has been so great lately that you can hardly help but to have a prema grin when you go out and Saturday was no different. 6” of new on top of 14” it’s like heaven. Until the last run of the day when I was standing on top of a ridge and Sandy says “Are you going off that” I respond with a smart ass “Sheer why not” and off I went! It’s all ways the first turn that the most important. If you stick the landing and make the first turn your golden. Until Saturday, the second was right into a 40’ lodge pole pine. Now it wasn’t Sonny Bono but as close as I want to get! I reminder seeing the tree and saying to myself “I can make it” and then the next thing I was sunning on a beach…..
I know seems unlikely but it was the first time in my life I’ve been knocked-out. It’s defiantly weird. Then in an instant I was laying in a heap with Sandy yelling “Breath just BREATH” then I was back on the Beach……Once I came back to the really world for the second time things seem to stop moving so fast.
So now I’m piloting the chaise lounge. I’m pretty proud that I was able to ski out from the Back Bowls keeping my streak of not have to get hauled out on a sled alive!