Monday, February 27, 2006

Trail reports...

My riding buddy..

So what’s a Guy to do after skiing 6 days straight? Go biking in the desert that’s what….with temp in the 70’s and blue skies why not. I thought it would be nice to give the Kokopelli trail a shot. Everybody’s always talking about it “It’s Epic, it’s the best, blab, blab blab” and like most thing that are “So Cool” it sucked. The first mile or two from the Mack exit are okay but once you start to drop off the Mesa into Rabbit Valley it sucks! It's like mountain climbing with a bicycle. After about two hour of that BS I gave into the fact it was a BS trail and turned around. I actually rode the RR tracks back to the Climb out of the Valley (and when I say Climb, I’m mean Climb……and not on a Bike) and if you a willing to ride RR track you know the trail sucks! Once back on the “Troy Built” it was a lot nicer……we were riding and that’s always nice if you have a bike with you. One thing I’ve learned is never believe the trail reports on MTBR.com they are so full of BS or some local Doper from Fruita or from Moab …….You can take this to the Bank…The Kokopelli Trail Sucks! If you’re not hiking, you’re riding in sand!
All was not lost I still got a good 3 plus on Mr Bigg up and around Mack……

So if someone tell you they've biked the Kokopelli trail with a Bob Trailer from Mack to Moab. Tell'm they are full of BullShit!