Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It's later

The Warm-up....

In the gate

The start...

Sandy sprint start....

Well, I have sometime today, so I thought I’d update my Blog…..To recap last weekend. I really got smoked! Some bad luck and no legs speed endurance left me in the vapor trail. The TT was awesome, bike was dialed legs felt good, but my time sucked. Going off later in the day was worth 2 min.s The wind pickup and so did the times. But I was still happy with my ride even if I was sitting in the 70’s…..Sandy smoked the course but was give a 7 min time penalty for running out of order. That took her from 3rd to 40th or something? But we both were just there for the warm weather and sun. So it wasn’t that big of a deal. The road race was a lot harder then I anticipated. It started out good. I was able to get into an early move but it got suck back on the 2 second lap and then I got shelled on the last climb. My legs just aren’t used to spinning 90plus for 2 hour yet. I just couldn't hang with the climbers when they started hammering the front. Sandy had a great race coming in 8th.
Sundays Crit was a smoker! and I was still smoked from the RR . Out of the GC I wasn’t going to get into the "mix it up" in the Crit throwing elbows and chopping wheels. I just hung the outside in the top 10, then got out of the way of the sprint…….Sandy on the other hand lay’d down. Hammering the front challenged every prime and then gave a great sprint. But all that early work hurt in the end…..All in all a great race……we are putting it on the "Must do list" for next year!

Next up THE GILA!