Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Are E-bay WINNERS all losers?

I love EBay! When I lived in Milwaukee I’d buy every S##tty bike Bens had convert them to Fixy then sell them on EBay. I didn't make money. So why did I do it? It was fun, the bikes were cheap and the buyers were cool. I think I sold over 50 bikes like that, but EBay has changed. Long gone are the deals, the cool people and the Dumb F%#K’s have taken over. They want something new to pay nothing for it, then bitch about everything. Kind-a-like the Baron at Albertos. 3 examples of this: I sold my old Gunner Frame and listed it as use and when the guy got it he was pissed because there were a couple of touched up nicks. Now he only paid like $175.00 for it which is cheap for a used Gunnar, but I offered to refund his money less shipping. That pissed him off and I received a ranting e-mail about how he was going to hunt me down and kick my Ass. Then there was a Fox Fork I sold. My ad stated “USA, Lower 48 Buyers Only” and this Canadian buys it, WTF! I send him an e-mail explaining that I can’t cover the extra shipping and guess what? He go’s off on me…..another winner! So I split the extra shipping and off the fork goes to it’s new home in Canada. 4 weeks later I get an e-mail from the “Beaver Hat” wearing idiot about how I “ripped him off”, sold a “bill of goods” and I should refund his money. Which I agree to, but when I tell him I need the fork back first. The “Up Nort” dude gets up in my grill. Another great E-bay customer. Now the latest, and yes it has to be Goats frame (BTW this is the 3rd time I’ve try to sell it before. 2 times the Winner never sent me my money (Non-paying E-bay buyers is a whole topic on to itself). I though I’d hit gold, $15.50 for it and received the cash within 2 min.s and the guy e-mail me like 3 times asking questions. Then I went to ship it and the Winner is in Alaska. Not a big problem, USPS only wants $125.00 to get it into the freeze zone. Now are people that stupid? Don’t they read? (Now I can’t spell or put six words together, but read? No problem) Again in the ad “USA, Lower 48 Buyers Only” I think I’ll just take the Frame and throw it into the river………