Tuesday, December 27, 2005

1,2,3,4,5.......

Day-6, it’s been like 50deg in here in the Canyon and a balmy 35plus in Aspen. But a front move in and it’s Dump’n Snow…….Like 6” inches over night and more on the way. So I’ve layed a fresh bead of wax down on the boards and I’m off to Vail to “Shoot the Goob’s” (Ski in and out the Tourists) as they say. So this will be my 6th day in a row on skis.

I’ve got all kinds of sweet backcountry photos from this week-ends trip but no time to post them. Maybe later…..maybe not. O-yea I've also got a great Christmas Cheer story to tell. This lady got up in my grill at the gas station. Hands waving frantic above her head and everything. All because I wouldn’t shut my engine off. It was great, I had a smile on my face the whole time as insult after insult was thrown at her. The one that made her postal was “I feeling sorry for you husband” which deep down is true. But it was Great she couldn't controller herself and the more she rant’d the more I laughed. This all ended with me saying “Marry Christmas” and her spinn’n tires away from the pump…Some how I always find the humor in someone elses madness and if I can push them to it even better.

O-how I love the Holidays. It brings out the best in people…..