Thursday, May 05, 2005

Dudes it's a BODY!

I come home and get ready to ride, Wednesdays an off day so I’m planning a hard effort. The need to fuel up is important. Should I “A” eat like the Goat and have power like a Freight Train or “B” eat like the Baron and have the zeal of a pissed off cheetah?

First let compare the two! See meal plan “A” you start with a factory made Bagel. Which feels like you could drive a 16-penny nail into a 2x6 with it. Then you add some kind of highly processed meat. The label says Turkey on it, but who really knows. Then you top the meat with some Cheese “Food”. They can’t call it cheese because it not. I don’t think it’s even got a dairy component. Slap it together and jam it into your pie hole and ride!



See meal plan “B” you start with the purest water you can get that is supplemented with electrolytes. Yes, that’s pediatric water. This stuff is so clean I don’t think you could see a bug in it under an electron microscope. Then get some of the finest organic fruit bars money can buy. These can have no MSG, and most definitely no GMO’s. What are GMO’s? Not the Granter Milwaukee Open, but Genetically Modified Organisms. The gain for these bars comes from the heartland of America. Only the “Amber Waves of Grain” are used and virgins in Napa Valley nurture the Whole Fruit. Then you can step back for some good old Sun kissed Raisins. Have someone hand you your bike at the front door and ride.


Well I did a little of both, it’s like hedging your bets….



As I was riding out of town tonight, so I snap some pic’s of what Glenwood Springs is famous for “Hot Springs” It the home of the worlds largest natural hot springs pool. This thing is huge. It’s got to be at less a 100 yards long. One end to a 120deg and the other is 100deg. It’s hotter then hell when you first get in, but you get used to it. Very nice after a hard ride on a cold rainy day.



I rode out the Canyon again today there is a short steep hill in No Name (Yes that is a Town name. Well it’s not much of a Town. Maybe 10 people still live there. These old mining town have the best names) to do some intervals. After doing a couple sets (around 20 min.s worth) I headed east up around Hanging Lake and what did I find? A DEAD BODY! Dude,


I’m telling you it’s a Dead Body! Yea, I know it looks a lot like a deer carcass, but I swear it a Body!