Monday, July 03, 2006

Black and Blue and some Green……

Well I’ve not gotten busted for dopen yet, no 2 year suspension, no lifetime ban, not even a slap on the wrist. It was a mass crit weekend with 3 races in two days and now I’ve got black and blue marks on my legs. You know it’s been a hard racing when you get bruising on your legs and you didn’t crash. Last night I saw a little burse about the size of a quarter on my right quad and today it’s about 4 inches around. Not only on my right quad but my left hamstring. I guess I’ll take the day off the bike….Saturday I pull a 6th in the 35 open (which had to be the hardest race of the year, why do I say that? b/c my max heart rate is 183bpm and my race avg. was 176bpm for the hour with a 15min warm-up.) and a 5th in the Pro1, 2, 3…which I was jacked up about. I’m starting my sprint way early which has been helping. Before I would wait for someone else to jump and whin’d it up with 200m to go. But this time I went at about 750 and it worked pretty well. Yea, two guys got around me 10m’s from the line. But a top five in a pro race I’ll take it……Sandy had her first race back and score a win in the Women’s open. She’s like the cash machine. With her big payday and little payday it was a good’ day mate! Sunday didn’t so well, I did give it an effort but I just kept going backwards and at 45min.s I packed it…Sandy had another good finish, pulling a 4th after get knocked off by some lapped riders at the line.