Friday, July 14, 2006

As the World go's Round....

Is it cycling news or a police blotter? You decide….

D Clinger was jailed this week on charges of disorderly conduct, harassment, defiant trespass and resisting arrest. I guess he was arrested about 1 am on Monday after a disruption inside Toad Creek Bar, where it is alleged he played a little grab ass with a woman and was harassing other patrons inside the bar. He was also wrestling another chic (I true skinny biker form, picking on chic's B/C a Man woukd kick your biker ass) and fought with police when they tried to handcuff him. Nice!

And then there’s King “T” who pretty much came out and said he's a doper. "I've been riding on my bike for seven hours, I've climbed five cols; tomorrow, there's a stage of 212 kilometres, and after that, a stage of 230 kilometres... I think that's just great," he said sarcastically. "This is scandalous, it's over the top. They are just shouting that they want to fight against doping, but then they give us a program like this," he pretty much said I dope.

And then there’s Levi “I can’t do it clean” Leipheimer. One day he’s getting blown off the road by old ladies on hybrids and the next he’s tearing the legs off guys hammering up the Tourmalet. Hmmmmm…No he didn't see some Dr. Fuentes type or did he?

And then there’s the Der-Fat-boy doping plan…. For the first seven days include a series of hormones, insulin, cortisone, testosterone and blood transfusions. I need to get me some of that…..

Isn't the sport of cycling like a day time soap?