Sunday, June 18, 2006

What it's take?

Beer and Bacon….

That’s all it takes for me to get on the steps. It was a race the Baron would have been proud to enter. I had one of my best finishes of the year today. It was a four man breaker and a sprint finish. I had it; I had it but bungled the last 20 meters and ended up third. Still good for a pound of Bacon and Beer…….But the Saturday was the really killer. An 84 mile RR and everybody knows how much I love RR’s. It starts out like most Races around here. 109 guy standing on the line with a pocket full of Goo all chomping at the bit. I got a great starting spot, like 99 but really doesn’t make too much differences with all those miles. Sat on wheels and move up, sat on more wheels and moved up. Made a move and went on a 45 miles solo attack. At one point I really thought I could hold it B/C they were gone. But low and behold with about 2o to go I could see them and a 15 I was got. But I still hammerd it home for 13th. So not a bad weekend…..Sleep now, Beer and Bacon Later.