Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Race the train

Last night I raced the 7:00 coal train out of the canyon......

O-yes, Yo-Toy my fav domestic team…..


Not to go back on an old story but, Saturday I woke up early and didn't have much to do so I loaded up Mr Bigg and headed over the pass to Buena Vista for the Chalk Creek Stampede. Now with a name like "Chalk Creek" you’d think I’d know what I was up against. Dust, Dust and more dust…..I was in my normal mode showed up, had to talk my way into the race b/c registration had closed, dressed, lined up and raced. I barely had time to drop my cooler at the "Mitch Man" feed zone. Notes for next race. Change gear, my current is way too small. Put air in tires, the last time I added a psi Goat was here. Tighten seat, by the second lap it was falling off every mile and carry a multi-tool. The temp was hot, hot, hot…..The first lap was great, sitting third wheel, but once it flatten out I spun out and went backwards. I wasn’t too worried because when it went up again I pull everybody back. But then my seat fell off and my tire went flat. So the third lap took longer then the first two and the fourth was my own personal hell to the finish in 102deg heat. But it’s all good.

You wouldn't believe the snow on top the pass. People are still skiing up there. I thinking about pulling the skis out next weekend and given’r a go……Now where did I put that espresso?