Friday, July 29, 2005

Feeling like Vino!

Well something I won’t recommend doing after 5 days of not ride is getting into a group ride dog fight……plus doing it on a 18 mile jeep trail mountain climb. After a lot of talk about what route to ride yesterday. Sandy and I headed out for a loop up Red Canyon on the MTB’s. Did that happen? No, we run into a group heading up to “The Cross”. There is a Cross at the top on Red Mountain (much to Eyre of the devil worshipers) and it has a jeep service road to it. Which makes for a great mountain grind up There a 4 mile road ride from my place to the jeep road and then the pain train leaves the station. I was feeling pretty good at the base, but I will say again “I NOT A CLIMBER” knowing that these guys are it was going hurt. For the first 30 min.s I was hanging tough I even lay down a couple of attacks. But that didn’t last, and then I was feeling like Vino. I was determined not to get drop. So for the next hour I was Yo-Yoing off the back and fighting backing to the group but I didn’t get drop and the other plus I never dropped into Granny…..But today I’m paying for it.