Monday, January 31, 2005

Back...........


Why is this man smiling? Because I spent the last few day chasing Powder! Sandy and I headed down the Durango for a long weekend and it turned out great. It was the start of "SnowDown" fest in Durango, so they had a big parade and all kinds of drunken activists over the weekend. Friday night was very interesting in downtown Durango. Lets just say they do a pretty good job duplicating Madison on Halloween. Saturday we went to Wolfcreek Pass to law down the law! After making short work of that. It was Powder Time! Wolfcreek gets 650" on snow every year and it was knee deep.

We hiked the knife edge a couple of times it was epic. Deep, deep snow and no one around! It's the kind of stuff you dream of....Anyhow after the we did some house hunting. Durango in on the short list.

Sunday we skied Purg and then A-basin on Monday. So the whole weekend was shot! Get fat in the Skis baby!

Whats 650" of snow look like? About 5' over my truck that's what!

My dog, he's training for the "Hang out the Window in a blizzard Marathon"

My next Sport Posted by Hello

Now you know why I'm smiling! Two things make me smile and one of them is skiing! Can't wait to get on the bike tomorrow!