Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Today's Great Adventure

I was working on my paper for a while today and got bored, so I went for a ride. I was schedule to do a 2.5 hour base ride with some tempo work but I blew that off for something a little longer. I thought I'd head down to the city. Downtown Baby! Because that's were I belong. Its about 20 miles on a string but I headed out and around the Chapel Hill (Or some other doltish name) Reservoir and went up the "Mary Carter Greenway". Greenways are big with the tree huggers and with my effort to fit-in. I thought I'd give it a shot. The views along the Greenway are so beautiful too!

On paper it looked like maybe 60miles and I could do my tempo work on the roads around the reservoir. They a flat and long with no stop signs. You can bust out into full TT mode for as long as you can hold back the pain. I loaded up with all the needed gear (tube, pump, apple, Banana and drink) and off I go! The first hour was pretty smooth. Spinning along in the 55deg sunshine.

Have you ever ask yourself. What happen to the Rat that crossed the road?


He became this Dude LUNCH!



One the thing I've haven't gotten use to is the numder of Homeless in the city of Denver. They are like bars in Milwaukee (one every street corner).



Here are some of the Views along the Greenway. Yes that is razor wire and a car crushing yard.



And you can't forget about the rivefront housing. There are about 50 little shack that people live in going up the beautiful Greeway. Can you see the Silver Specialized MTB behind the one on the lower right? It's hard to see, but there is one. I think it could be The Barons second home. The ride turned out to be longer then planed. Never trust those damn maps. Because as I was heading into downtown, I was 55miles into this little trip and still looking at another 25 to get home. So I stop in for a little fuel.



triple shot and a Cookie, now that's what I'm taken about! Slam it and Jam it.....The rest is history and in the book!