Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Skiing, Biking and Fun

After a day of rest (I went skiing and to a job interview in Vail yesterday) then it was back on the bike for some good fountain miles. The temp was about 65 deg sunny and little wind. After a short warm up ride down to Cherry Creek lake (or whatever they call it. It's really not a lake but a dammed up creek and some swamp land. But I guess for "plans people" anything that holds 5 gals of water it's a lake) . There's a nice long grade at the dam site with about a 6 percent climb and takes about 8-10 mins to spin up. I was scheduled to do a set of 5 power interval's today, so this worked out to be the perfect spot. The interval's are 5 by 5 mins with a cadence of 110 plus for the duration. So much for the Less Pain more Gain CTS plan. Ouch holding that spin going into the 5th min. Just hurts.
Im working on trying drop some weight early this year (I'd like to be 160 at the start unlike my 175 in past years) It's going to hurt my ski racing but so far it hasn't done to much damage. So this morning I made some sugar free Brownie. They are not to bad (I'm muching on them now) with a gal of mike the wash them down :)
I real hoping to land this job out in the mountains it would be a lot of fun to live train in the hart of the Rockies. Well I need to get some dinner started..........I wonder what Goats doing right now?