Monday, September 19, 2005

ItS LaTeR nOw!

More Cross then one man should have.

A barrel full of Cross.

See Cross is interchangeable with “FUN” in my Thesaurus and it should be on yours too. It is now become my favorite type of bike racing. Why? It is more laid back then any type other type of racing, but still competitive. It’s tough, more then road or MTB. One hour of Max Heart Rate! It’s cheap, Unlike Road or MTB racing there’s a badge of pride in how cheap you’ve made your steed. The best are under a $100.00. I could go on and on.
This weekend was the first race. Around 150plus racers showed for great weather, Beer primes and one of the largest women’s fields I’ve seen at a cross race. (There’s nothing more sexy then a Cross racing Chic) O-yea there was some cash too. In my field there was about 50 all gunning for beer. So the pace was Hot right from the start. A group of 5 jumped out in front on the opening lap. My plan was not to get in the beginning Beer Rush and pick people off as then popped off the back of the lead group. But at the mid point I was only able to get one putting 4th with 3rd Yo-yoing in front of me. I was getting his wheel in the technical section and then he’d power away though the sandy flats. Then just when I thought I had him “BAM” I stacked it up. Landing in the weeds. Once back up and on the bike the field was blowing by. But I got it back together to finish with a clean set of wheels.

Here I am punching it though for a solid 15th……LOL!

Sandy on the other hand was “Show Me the Money” again. Trading punches with two Pro’s from Boulder though out her race moving from 4th to 2nd and back again. She really was putting the hurt on these girls. Letting them see a wheel at every opportunity. In the end their experience won out over the barriers on the last lap. But she was able to punch it through in 2nd in a stacked field. She’s becoming the talk of the Women’s field. Putting the hurt the pro’s……I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s not on a development team next years for cross or road. Her power development has been amazing sense Superweek.

Well I better go ride if I'm going to keep up!