Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sick of the Sickness......


When should you go to see a Doc? It’s been like 11 days now and I’m still feeling the sickness! Wades of snot, chunks chum and lungs filled with phlegm (just as side note “phlegm” is a VERY difficult word for Mitch Man to spell). I’m going to get back on the bike for a short spin today. Then drill it Friday. I’m taking a little advice from my Dad. Once (when I was a kid) driving along in his truck the engine started making a hell of a noise. It was like someone hitting a trash cans with a ball peen hammer. He just look over at me smiled and said “its ether going to get better or BLOW” and then pushed the accelerator to the floor. Well about a mile late it blew. Maybe it’s not the best advice, but it’s the only piece of wisdom the old man gave me and I’m going with it. Hopefully I’m on the downside of sickness. It’s time to stop eat’n doughnuts, drink’n coffee and watching soaps. Lets ride and let her rip! This thing has been a pain in the ASS….it has to be some kind of a record for me.

Last night I was trying to get a room down in Moab for the weekend for some sweet riding and try to get back on the horse. But the town is booked solid. I guess there some kind of Barrel Racing cowboy thing going on. Now how redneck is that? With all the cowboys it better that I stay away for Moab with all the “Colorado Mini Vans” (that’s code for a ¾ ton dually crew cab pick-up). Maybe I’ll go over to Gateway. Maybe I’ll head over to the Front Range for one of the Boulder training races…..maybe I’ll just eat some more doughnuts!

Time for some coffee!