Monday, October 03, 2005

Fun in the Sun

Well to wrap up this weekends racing in Crusty Butt. It was a great time. Cross racing hurts a lot but is so much fun. That will show you were my head is at. Saturday night’s race went will for me because they only had a Men’s open and a 35+ class I opt for the old mans group. Which you’d think would be slower, Right! Nope, it was a puk’r. Typical of cross we shot out of a gun and then it got faster. I was sitting comfy in a chase group when someone punched it and I shot out the back like an old lady on a three wheeler. That’s about where I sat the rest of the race running line in 8th. Sandy’s race was just as fast and furious. With the whole shot she was sitting 5th wheel and picked people off as they popped off the leader. Who was setting a pace that was wasting the field. One girl was able to sit on Sandy's wheel for a couple of laps but got shelled on a run up. Finishing with 2nd and a $150.00 payout.

The next day was a little better for me, got a great hole shot and was sitting good when my chain droped. I lost a couple of spots but was able to chase them back to finish 3rd.

Weekend Prize list
$150.00
1 pair of socks
2 pounds of Coffee
1 Frisbee

I guess you can’t beat that for doing nothing…..